Sunday, October 13, 2019

The donkey was a real ass!

Today we went on a lovely house tour to benefit the local library’s programs for children. At the second house which was out in the country, they had a donkey tied up and said it was fine to pet it.  It was very friendly and seemed to like having its ears rubbed.  It nuzzled people with its lips including me.  Then all of a sudden, it clamped down on my left hand.  It had the side of my hand including my thumb in its teeth and wouldn’t let go.  It kept clamping down harder and harder and I was in terrible pain.  Erich tried to pry its teeth open but couldn’t.  Finally I hit it hard on the nose and it released.  I had deep tooth marks on my hand but I didn’t think it had broken the skin.  Fortunately its teeth were biting down between my thumb and index finger, so it was mainly pressing on soft tissue.  If my fingers had been in its mouth, they would have been broken for sure.  I asked for ice and I’ve had it iced for most of the rest of the day.  It turns out that there is a very small place where the skin is broken, so I washed it and applied polysporin.  If it looks bad tomorrow, I’ll go to a clinic.  I’m typing with one hand and hoping this was a once in a lifetime experience.
It was nuzzling gently and then bit me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Indigo said...

How's your hand? Ouch and Ugh.

Indigo said...

If the comments show one removed by author, that was me -- it showed me as name "Unknown". So I reposted as Indigo. Hope your hand is OK.