Monday, May 4, 2020

Sandy dust in my house

I anticipated various problems before we moved to San Miguel, but high winds and sand in my house were not among them.  We are on a low mesa on the outskirts of town and the wind can be amazingly strong here.  Some of the cushions from the furniture on our rooftop terrace kept ending up down in the empty lot next door, and the furniture itself gets blown across the roof.  One of the tall cacti we have up there was knocked over and the pot broken.

But the thing that really bothers me is the "dust" from the three housing construction zones next to us.  All of the vegetation from the three projects has been removed leaving the bare, sandy soil to blow about in the wind.  Sometimes the dust in the air is so think it looks as if it is raining, and nothing we do seems to keep it out of the house.  Every surface - furniture, floors, rugs - gets covered with white, gritty sand, and it accumulates so quickly I can't keep up with it.  I'm not a picky housekeeper, but this is getting me down.  Here is the top of the buffet about four days after it was thoroughly dusted.


1 comment:

SummonZeus said...

You may wish to invest in a whole house air filtration system if the dust is chronic; not good for the lungs